What is it?
- Urge incontinence is a type of urinary incontinence
- It is named urge incontinence because it is bladder leakage of not feeling the urge in time to make it to the toilet
- Frequent urination
- Day and night
- Unintentional loss of urine
- Sudden and urgent need to urinate
Why does it happen?
- Urge incontinence is caused by bladder muscles contracting at the wrong time.
- Sometimes they contract too often
- Sometimes they don’t contract often enough
- In many cases, no cause can be found for urge incontinence
- Overactive Bladder is a condition that can lead to urge incontinence. It is the constant need to void the bladder, and sometimes results in not making it in time.
Urge incontinence can be caused by:
- Bladder inflammation
- Bladder obstruction
- Bladder stones
- Bladder infection
- Nervous system diseases or injuries
Other types of Urinary Incontinence:
J&B Medical Insurance offers incontinence supplies covered by insurance. Have questions or want information on urge incontinence? Contact J&B Medical insurance today.
For additional information on Urge Incontinence, you can visit these websites:
Exercises for Incontinence