What is it?
- Overflow incontinence is a type of urinary incontinence.
- It is named overflow incontinence because it is bladder leakage as a result of the inability to completely empty the bladder, which causes overflow of urine.
- The incomplete emptying of the bladder can also cause bacteria and infections
- Overflow incontinence is more common in men than women
Why does it happen?
- Overflow incontinence in men is most commonly caused by an enlarged prostate, which blocks or slows the flow of urine out of the bladder
- Other causes of overflow incontinence include:
- Blockage of urethra
- Weak Bladder Muscles
- Nerve Damage
Other types of urinary incontinence include:
Click here for overflow incontinence supplies. For additional information on Overflow Incontinence, you can visit these websites:
in women: everydayhealth.com
in men: everydayhealth.com