J & B Medical Supply can provide you with functional incontinence supplies by working with your doctor and insurance carriers, such as Medicaid. Our medical supplies delivery service is convenient and we ship all of your functional incontinence supplies in plain packaging straight to your door for free. Additionally, if your insurance allows, we can arrange your order to ship automatically when you need it. Your health and the health of your loved ones is important to us. Our team of professionals want to make sure you have the information you need to understand functional incontinence.
Check out the information we have about the condition and contact us by calling 1(800)737-0045 if you have questions on the correct supplies for functional incontinence.
What is it?
- Functional incontinence is a type of urinary incontinence
- It is named functionalincontinence because it is bladder leakage as a result of limited physical, mental or other medical function.
Why does it happen?
- Functional incontinence is commonly caused by physical or mental diseases, disorders or conditions
- Some conditions make it more difficult to think, move or communicate the need to go to the bathroom
- Some examples of conditions that can lead to functional incontinence:
- Developmental Delay
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson’s Disease
Other types of Urinary Incontinence:
For additional information on Functional Incontinence, see the pages below
Arthritis & Incontinence: